Outpatient Substance Use Services
The trained clinicians at Johnson County Mental Health provide evidence-based treatment such as cognitive behavior therapy and community reinforcement approach for adolescents and adults experiencing problems related to substance use and mental health issues. Clinicians use individualized interventions to build on strengths and motivate adolescents and adults to begin and maintain the recovery process.
SERVICES/HOURS:Services for adolescents are located at 1125 W. Spruce, Olathe, KS
Services for adults are located at 6000 N Lamar, Mission, KS and 1125 W. Spruce, Olathe, KS
- Group Counseling (Monday-Friday, Day and Evening times available)
- Individual Counseling (Monday-Friday, Day and Evening times available)
- Admission Intakes (Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Continuing care is available for those who successfully complete primary treatment
- Case Management Services
STRUCTURE OF TREATMENT:
- Each client receives a thorough bio-psycho-social assessment at admission to determine level and intensity of treatment.
- The intensity and duration of treatment is based on the severity of symptoms and rate of progress.
- Some clients may have legal obligations that mandate a specific frequency, quantity, or length of treatment.
- An individualized recovery plan is developed with each client.
GOALS OF TREATMENT:
- Increase access to and retention in treatment
- Decrease the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Increase positive relationships with family
- Increase participation in pro-social activities
- Increase positive interactions with society
- Decrease criminal involvement
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Motivational Strategies
- Alcohol/Drug Refusal Skills
- Relapse Prevention Skills
- Relationship Building Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Anger Management Techniques
- Problem Solving Skills
- Pro-social Activities
- Client Advocacy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mental Health Issues
- Community-based Self Help Programs
- Long-term Abstinence and Recovery Skills
Determined at Intake and is based upon residency, income and eligibility for public funding. Private pay and some insurance accepted. A sliding scale fee may be available for Johnson County residents and based upon income and household size. Please provide ID, proof of income, and proof of residency at intake.
For further information:
Adolescent Services: 913-715-7700
Outpatient Adolescent Services Admission Handbook (PDF)
Adult Services: 913-831-2550
Outpatient Adult Substance Admission Handbook (PDF)