Johnson County Mental Health Center offers a wide range of mental health and substance abuse services to residents of Johnson County, Kansas a county in the Kansas City Metropolitan area. As a part of the Kansas Public Mental Health system, services are provided according to each individuals ability to pay. While services are available to all residents, our Mental Health Center serves as a safety net for individuals with the most severe forms of mental illness as well as those who are unable to afford or access care elsewhere in the community.
Like physical illnesses, mental illness shows itself in a variety of ways. Depending on the seriousness of your situation, a variety of treatment options and interventions are available. We offer programs at six locations throughout the county. Our staff are highly trained, dedicated and compassionate. We strive to help you cope with life’s challenges and lead more productive lives.
The Mission of Johnson County Mental Health Center is to improve the quality of life for Johnson County residents by providing comprehensive mental health services that are:
- Of the highest possible quality
- Driven by the needs of the persons served
- Provided in the least intrusive manner
- Easily accessible to all residents
- Provided in collaboration with community partners
- Accountable to our community and the public trust through the efficient and effective use of resources.